Given what you have learned in class content and from Give Me Liberty! involving the evolution of American expansionism and global intervention, you will write a well-structured paper on the topic below. You will utilize chapters 2, 5 and 81 of the Stephen Kinzer book Overthrow: America’s Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq (provided as a PDF in Canvas module or can be acquired from Amazon, etc.), as your main focus and use your own research as contextual information. You will need to create a solid paper with a clearly defined thesis and argument. Pay attention to organization so that the paper flows logically and so the introduction, body and conclusion all make sense together.
– The requirement for this assignment is 4 pages. This means 4 written, double-spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font pages. This does not count for the works cited page at the end. You are not required to submit an abstract or a title page in your submittal. I expect to receive a submittal of no less than 4 total pages. Those with missing pages will be marked accordingly.
How did American foreign policy in three periods in question, (1890s, 1950s, and 1970s), shape U.S. interventionism abroad?” (how did the world view of U.S. political institutions shape U.S. involvement outside of its borders in these periods?) 1) In your paper address the three events discussed in the Kinzer book, (Philippine-American War, destabilization of Iran in 1953, and involvement in deposing Salvador Allende in Chile in 1973). Place them in the context of their time and how the political, social or economic influences of the period ultimately informed U.S. intervention abroad. Overarchingly, tie them together creating an argument about the nature of U.S. intervention in the 20th century. Were these moves justified in light of the contemporary climate? Why or why not?
2) Address where these events fall in line with the stated desire of the U.S. to spread democracy abroad and to defend others from oppression. Give supportive evidence of your take on the events using outside primary and secondary sources (no fewer than 5 outside sources. This means not counting the Kinzer document as a source and not counting your textbook).
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS