Obtaining a valid nursing health history requires professional, interpersonal, and practical interviewing skills. The nursing interview is a communication process that has two focuses:
- establishing rapport and a trusting relationship with the client/patientto elicit accurate and meaningful information
- gathering information on the client’s/patient’s developmental, psychological, physiological, sociocultural, and spiritual status to identify deviations that can be treated with nursing and collaborative interventions strengths, that can be enhanced through nurse client collaboration.
Collecting client/patient data is a core step in the nursing process. Often referred to as a nursing health assessment interview.
This assessment requires review of video scenario’s addressing both the therapeutic and non therapeutic communication styles adopted during the interview. You will need to record the positive and negative aspects of the interview scenarios’ s you observe during the scenarios and discuss your observational findings. To do this you will need to build on you research skills, read and utilise academic resources as foundation sources of knowledge. These skills are necessary for effective communication in the academic environment and nursing practice
Nurses are a key element in a complex health care network and, as such, require outstanding communication skills in all formats.
This assignment will enable you to:
- Develop your observational and analytic skills
- Develop your academic reading skills
- Critically organise and evaluate information
- Develop succinct summarisation and reflection of information addressing effective communication.
For this assignment you are required to:
- Watch the video scenarios, supplied in the essay folder for your viewing (the videos are available for viewing within the folder for the essay in the resources tile)
- Record both the therapeutic and non therapeutic communications that occurred during scenarios, to assist you in creating an outline of key points to be discussed in your paper.
- Briefly define effective communication and discuss why it is important for Registered Nurses (RNs) to communicate effectively in healthcare settings.
- List and explain the different effective communication strategiesused by the interviewer in the scenario, to build rapport and establish a relationship with the client/patient.
- List the non-therapeutic or ineffective techniques used by the interviewer and discuss how these techniques created barriers to establishing a productive patient-centred relationship with the client/patient.
- You are also required to provide an introduction to this essay that introduces the topic and clearly explains the aim of the essay.
- Please also provide a conclusion to this essay that summarises the essay and is a brief recap of the main points that ties the discussion points together.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS