- Integrate knowledge of the modes of regulation and molecular basis of metabolic and genetic pathways at the molecular, cellular and whole human level.
- Apply your understanding of fundamental biochemical and genetic principles and concepts introduced and demonstrate relevant skills to carry out experimental investigations.
- Demonstrate how metabolic pathways interact meeting the requirements of the organism over a range of timescales, including how they inactivate and eliminate foreign compounds.
- Exhibit skills in correlating the role of regulation of metabolic networks in ensuring homeostasis.
Outline Of Report Structure port must answer the following four questions:
- Explain major classes of enzymes and the role of enzymes as a powerful and highly specific catalyst .
- Briefly describe factors affecting enzyme’s action on substrate(s).
- The following table includes the absorbance measurements of succinate dehydrogenase enzyme assay at different time interval. Calculate the Velocity of a reaction at 15 minutes (i.e. A0-A15/min) for all tubes (see table below) and plot the graph of substrate (succinate) concentration on the x-axis (shown in the table) against velocity at 15 minutes (i.e. A0-A15/min) on the y-axis.
Interpret your results by explaining what they indicate. Don’t forget to mention the value of Vmax and Km which you have obtained from the plot .
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Produce a scientific report according to expectations described in the assignment brief.
- Demonstrate understanding of the kinetic basis of enzyme activity in the report.
- Exhibit understanding of different factors that have impact on enzymes activity and their actions
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
A high quality lab report, should
- be created electronically using Microsoft word and contain graphs created electronically using Excel
- contain a title page giving the assessment title, unit code, assessment number, your student number and your final word count (excluding references)
- contain appropriately labelled tables and figures referred to in the main text
- contain appropriate examples of how calculations were performed
- Follow the word-limit requirement (excluding references)
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
This assignment is based on your findings from the scheduled practical classes and is directly related to the taught element delivered during lectures. More specifically, lectures related to Enzyme kinetics, Krebs cycles and different metabolic pathways that are producing acetyl CoA and entering in the Krebs cycle.
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and consider your grade before you submit.
Limited evidence of reflection or evaluation of scientific approach. Lack of critical evaluation of citedliterature. Connectionsmade between subjectmatter and current scientific thought show evidence of significant shortcomings in terms of understanding and analysis.
Satisfactory evidence of reflection and evaluation of scientific problem and approach. Some critical evaluation of cited literature, though at times a little shallow.
Demonstrates some ability to make evaluative links between the currentscientific thought and the work in hand, but theevaluation is sometimes rather superficial.
Demonstrates a welldeveloped ability toevaluate scientific problemsand to make clear evaluative links between the current scientific thought and the work in hand, which is capable of contributing tothe advance of scientific knowledge. Shows deep critical evaluation of cited literature.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS