Every person who wants to be a nurse has their own journey – and the realisation that they want to be a nurse. This assessment asks you to self- reflect on why you have started on your journey to become a Registered Nurse.
Read the following statements by 3 nurses and start to reflect on why YOU have started on your journey to be a nurse which may be very different or have some similarities.
“I always felt that I would be nurse. Even as a child, I used to help family members if they were sick, so just knew that nursing was for me” Anon “I know I will be a good nurse, but I want to be more than that. I want to be a nurse who makes a change in my community; one who improves the lives of my patients through quality, compassionate, culturally centred patient care.
This is what being a nurse means to me”: Jamie Contreras After my brother became ill when I was a teenager, and I saw what nurses did to help him, I wanted to do that too, so studied hard and now love my career helping others.” Anon
Use the following questions as prompts to your self-reflection on your personal journey to start studying to become a nurse. You do not need to answer the questions – but rather to use them as prompts to your own self-reflection.
- Did you have a moment that you realised that you wanted to be a nurse?
- Was there an event that made you think about becoming a nurse?
- Was the experience a positive one or from a negative experience?
- How did this make you feel and why?
- Do you think that nurses have shared beliefs and values ?
- What are these beliefs and values?
- Will your life experience make you a better nurse? How?
- How will you apply what you have learned from this reflection as you become a nurse?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS