Job Overview If Merchandising and Buying is your thing, TJX Europe’s 12-month placement is the one for you. During the placement you will discover why the partnership between both disciplines is key to our success, and how they impact our results. You’ll also learn why our entrepreneurial approach delivers exceptional value to our customers so effectively.
Your placement starts with a comprehensive induction, combining classroom learning with store visits, team meetings and workshops. You’ll enjoy the support of a skilled network including your manager, mentor and buddy, to help develop your relationship skills and technical know-how.
However, there’s no point in learning if you can’t put it into practice. So, you’ll spend time as an Allocation Analyst – driving sales through detailed sales pattern analysis. You’ll work with experienced Merchandisers and Buyers to anticipate trends, spot opportunities and manage risk. Moreover, you’ll also discover how we source, plan and buy through spending time with our expert Buyers.
Our placement is designed for you to take ownership, accountability and make an impact. As part of a commercial team you’ll quickly discover what makes us different. Working closely with a variety of business partners you’ll focus on building strong relationships, communication, influencing and thinking creatively.
What are we looking for from the candidate?
- Curiosity and passion for our business and retail
- Commercially aware and customer focused
- Comfortable with numbers
- Able to build strong relationships and collaborate with others
- Strong communication skills and confidence to openly share opinion with others
- Be proactive and able to use own initiative
- Willing to take risks, make mistakes and learn along the way
- European language skills – particularly business level German or Italian – are highly valued but not essential
What’s in it for you?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future.
Who are we?
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to inspire/make a difference how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. Are you the one?
We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. Would you like to work on the latest entertainment technologies to deliver spectacular experiences with us?
We have one placement for the 2021/2022 academic year at Dolby Europe Ltd in the Europe Geo Marketing Team, which defines and implements the marketing strategy for the region. The intern will be supporting UK specific activities and European initiatives. The placement is based at Dolby’s London office, but due to Covid-19 health regulations, ability to work remotely is also required.
The successful candidate will gain experience in:
- B2B and B2C digital campaigns
- Social media management
- Planning and execution of virtual and physical B2B marketing events (tradeshows/festivals/trainings)
- Supporting PR activations
- Creation of B2C and B2B marketing assets
- CRM tool management
- Crafting performance reports
- Managing relationships with clients and 3rd party partners
- Managing agency relationships
- Market research
- Logistics and stock management
- Collaboration with sales and engineering teams
- Collaboration with other Dolby European offices
Whilst being an integral part of the team, the successful candidate will also need to be able to work with minimal supervision. We would be very interested in hearing from students with related experience, who are looking for an exciting and rewarding placement this year.
- Applicants should be an undergraduate in their second or third year or postgraduate in their second year of studying marketing or business.
Working for our organisation
The world is changing as we know it. It’s more important than ever that communications and entertainment services are available to users to connect wherever they may be. Here at Dolby, our mission is to enable experiences that transcend expectations and reach the spectacular. We need your creative solutions and diverse thought. The Dolby internship program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders.
Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For any student seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, we invite you to join us in continuing to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
What do you need?
- A genuine interest in technology, marketing and consumer behaviour
- A genuine interest in digital marketing and social media
- A good understanding of the marketing mix (on and offline)
- Excellent writing skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work autonomously (remote if required) and a pro-active, hands-on attitude
- Ability to organise own workloads and prioritise as required
- Design skills desirable, but not essential (InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro)
- Fluent in English but additional language is a plus
This placement will be an excellent opportunity for a student studying a Business or HR related degree.
Unlike other placements, we will provide you up to 40 unique days to visit and experience working in our many other areas of the business, such as Project Management, Finance, Commercial, Business Development, etc. You will have the chance to decide how to use these days, making the most of these placement days will really expand your wider business knowledge.
- Annual Salary
- Company pension scheme
- The opportunity to work within a family-orientated organisation with over 1,300 employees
- The opportunity to work in a unique environment for the MoD unlike any other placement
- Flexible start date
What can you expect from the role?
As an HR Placement Student, you will gain an insight into the various stages of the employee lifecycle and have a wide range of exposure to HR processes. Within the role you will carry out various projects as well as supporting a whole range of HR responsibilities, including:
- General office administration duties
- Assist and support with recruitment administration
- Supporting the HR coordinators with day to day duties
- Ensuring all data protection documents are update
- Responsibility of assisting with GDPR/Data Protection queries and policies.
- Be involved in ad hoc HR projects.
- Dealing with general HR queries from employees
- Learning and Development
Your role will expand over the year as your confidence and skills improve, you will take on added responsibility that will stand you in great stead to tackle your last year at university.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS