1. Community experiences involve a variety of activities and environments. In the employment, career, and job domains, activities may involve job shadowing for a few days. Conversely, the purpose of community experience may be to explore occupations in more depth or to provide community job experience or cooperative education. Name and describe four community experiences that may impact the social and personal skills of the ESE student positively.
2. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 established data and reporting requirements through State Performance Plans that must address 20 different indicators. Indicator 13 [20 U.S.C. § 1416(a)(3)(B)] lists eight transition services requirements. States also must collect and report post school follow-up data for each student on an IEP using Indicator 14 (U.S. Department of Education, 2008). Much of the implementation of appropriate IEPs is left to the IEP teams, and IEP teams are expected to adhere to these requirements. Elaborate on how meeting the student’s IEP competencies listed below are met: 1. Annual IEP update 2. Includes transition services 3. Course of study that enables the student to meet postsecondary goals 4. Annual IEP goals related to student’s transition services needs.
3. Transition coordination can be distinguished from transition planning by its focus on systems-level as well as individual-level interventions. Transition systems include a staggeringly complex adult services system with differing legislative foundations, eligibility requirements, intake procedures, service definitions, and philosophies (DeStefano & Snauwaert, 1989). Elaborate using detail specific examples of how and why the coordination between all of the above entities are critical to transition success for the ESE student.
4. An increasing number of community and technical colleges are creating high schools on their campuses that support and accelerate the transition to college through a blend of secondary and postsecondary coursework. Many of these “middle colleges” focus on helping at-risk students, including those with disabilities, make successful transitions to postsecondary education (Kazis & Liebowitz, 2003). Select five of the links presented in Enhancing Supports and Services for Diverse Students – Specialized Programs in Postsecondary Education; name the site/community/technical college, and include what they offer students with disabilities make successful transitions to postsecondary education.
5. From the text and the teacher’s perspective, how does the italicized passage that follows, impact the social and personal skills and transition to postsecondary education for a disabled student…Most parents of young adults with a disability see employment as an important consideration as they look to the future. However, for many parents, particularly those of students with moderate to severe disabilities, a job is a secondary consideration. Knowing their son or daughter are confronted with the question, “Who will look out for them when I am gone?” (p. 425)
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS