NURM144 Safeguarding Children Young People and Vulnerable Adults
You are a Health Care Manager. You have visited Lenny, who you think is at risk of abuse. Complete a safeguarding enquiry (section 42) form, based on your concerns about Lenny and the information provided within the scenario.
What category of abuse is placing Lenny at most risk? Draw on the evidence and legislation in your discussion, to identify the best way to intervene with this form of abuse in this situation.
Provide your rationale for your assessment of Lenny’s mental capacity. What are the implications of your decision for how you would work with the person at risk?
Demonstrate how you would apply Making Safeguarding Personal with Lenny. Your answers to tasks 1-4 should all be included on the section 42 form.
Analyse what, if any, abuse is taking place. Include information about why the person(s) may be eligible for safeguarding support. The assessment should be based on adult at risk’s wishes. Explain action that has been taken and the actions to be taken.
Provide reasons, drawing from the literature and the case study detail, for why you consider the specified category of abuse is placing this individual most at risk. Drawing on the legislation and literature, identify effective, evidence-based interventions for that form of abuse.
Identify the strengths and weaknesses of using the interventions with this specific person. Use the Mental Capacity test, guiding principles and code of practice from the mental capacity legislation to justify why you think this person at risk has or does not have mental capacity. Identify how this assessment would impact on your future work with the person at risk.
Given your answers to the section 42 form and your answers to tasks 1-3, explain how you would work with this person at risk using the Making Safeguarding Personal approach. Ensure you have fully completed the form using the boxes and the free text. If you are unable to complete a box with the information provided, only use the information provided – do not create your own case study. Make sure you have clearly addressed the criteria for section 42 of the Care Act 2014 within the form.
1. Identify the type of abuse which has occurred or is at risk of occurring and who is probably responsible.
2. Identify who needs to be involved and any immediate action and subsequent actions that are needed.
3. Identify if the person at risk has mental capacity and if so, have they given informed consent. If they may have difficulty taking part in the process, identify what actions need to be taken.
4. Identify what the person at risk would like to happen.Reference to relevant legislation and policy in the approach you take.
5. You may have identified several types of abuse that could be occurring or that is at risk of occurring. Identify which one that you think is the greatest risk in this situation and justify your reasons why. Ensure you draw on the literature and the details of the case study to support your answer.
6. Suggest which intervention(s) are most likely to work when this type of abuse occurs. Ensure you explore the difficulties and benefits of using these interventions in this case.
7. Use the mental capacity test, the guiding principles, and the code of practice to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 to explain why you think this person either has or does not have mental capacity. Given your answer, explain how it would impact on how you worked with this person. Explain how you would work with this person using the making safeguarding personal approach.
MyAssignmenthelp.com has emerged as one-stop solution for students in USA. We have assembled a team of experts to help students from different fields of study. With a pool of 3000+ experts, we are capable of providing top-notch quality plagiarism-free assignments within any short deadline. Our assignment writing services cover more than 100 subjects such as accounting assignment help, maths assignment help, economics assignment help, law assignment help and statistics assignment help.